Monday, May 16, 2011

a funny thing happened on the way to a garage sale....

i love subdivision sales...lots of houses in a small area.  shannon and i hit one up a couple of miles from me on friday.  friday is trash pick up day up the road from my house....on the way there we saw a 
huge pile of furniture tossed in a heap in front of someone's house....
hmmmm...
we had to stop.
i'm glad we did....this is what we found
a twin headboard and footboard
another headboard
a picture frame
a couple of chairs
 that were in pretty bad shape, but i just want the legs
i know this one is broken but i think if i cut it off just below the break i could still use it as legs for a coffee table or spares for another chair.
they have a pretty shape....
and best of all....free!
the last piece was this dresser.  the drawers were broken or missing but i 
think it would make a really cool bookshelf.
i love the size and i love the design on the front sides.
and it's solid wood...
i think this one will be cool when i'm done with it.
the van was full before we even made it to the garage sales...but we wanted to hurry up and get there 
so we had to have some of the people hold our goodies until i could unload this furniture at home
but free is good....
i will share what we found at the garage sales in the next couple of days.

here is a sneak peek...yuk!!






9 comments:

Ruffles n Raspberries said...

You hit the jackpot on the side of the road!! LOL Great pickin!!

Can't wait to see the "bookshelf" when you're done.

Sherri

Pine Tree Home said...

Bookshelf? What. I can't even imagine, but know you'll make it lovely. Do share!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Bookshelf is a great idea! Nothing better than free!

Musings Of A Gem said...

Wow - Jackpot! Really looking forward to see what you do with these!

Gemma x

Teri said...

I love your ideas!!! I can't wait to see what you do!!

Georgianna said...

Oh, my, you are a brave girl! I might think about restoring these but I'm sure it would never get finished. Well done! I'm sure you'll create fabulous pieces!

Hope you have sunshine this weekend! xoxo – g

Elisabeth said...

I can't wait to see what you make with these things. You have a great imagination! This was my first visit to your blog. I found you through Perfectly Imperfect and really enjoyed looking around your site.

I'm you latest follower. :)

Privet and Holly said...

YOU are fully
capable of making
a silk purse from
a sow's ear, my
friend! Can't wait
to see what you
create with your
new finds : ) !!
xx Suzanne

Lisa said...

I'm sure your a lot like my mom. You love to look at show homes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails