Friday, December 30, 2011

handmade christmas gifts.....

i thought that i would share a few gifts that i made for christmas this year.  now that the gifts have been given, i can post pictures of them here....
the girls each got a quilt this year
scarlett's
and tessa's.
both were strip quilts made with my ever growing stash of vintage sheets.
the girls share a bedroom but are getting separate rooms soon.  scarlett's is going to be pink and gray with   
this bedding with comforter, shams, sheet set and dust ruffle, that i scored at target for $7.59 for the entire set.....yes, $7.59.  it was an online purchase that was returned to the store and never sold.  it retails for $59.99 and is still available...
score!!

tessa's room is going to be painted lilac so she got this bedding.  it came with a sheet set, sham and dust ruffle and i got it at goodwill, brand new and in the package for $30.00.  not quite the same bargain as scarlett's but still a great deal....
i was totally excited when i found a vintage pillowcase that (sort of) matched and was used when i made her quilt.  
she also got a little chair that i got from goodwill and refurbished for her new room.  




the veneer on the harp was broken so i used filler on it....
 and recovered the seat in another vintage pillowcase that i also used for her quilt....
  she loved it....
the girls also each got these doll beds
which i neglected to take pictures of with the bedding that i made for each one.  
my parents got this.... 
 i forgot to take a picture before i started painting it, but it was copper metal with dark wood ugliness....
 yukka.....
my parents have a beautiful wooded backyard with some very whimsical garden art. 
this screamed bird feeder to me.....
 i collected teacups and saucers from thrift stores and 
don glued them on for me.  
my mom loved it.....but my dad didn't know what to think and it rendered him speechless while he tried to figure it out....
 i'm still hoping that it will grow on him....   :)
i made a few other gifts but i was so busy trying to finish them up that i didn't take pictures of them...
but they were cool.  i will try and get pics and post them soon...






12 comments:

Katie said...

Love love love!!

Musings Of A Gem said...

Lovely quilts!! You are going to be an expert at doing them soon : )

I really love the bird feeder idea..it is so different!

Handmade gifts are the best.

Gemma X

Angela Ross said...

I love the bird feeder. I pinned it and gave your credit. Great job!

Heather at Happy Chippy Junk said...

Use an epoxy putty pruduct to fix the lid and then super spray paint it. Maybe even do a clear coat after. Rust is so uncool in a washer!!

JSantos said...

I loved that chandeliar with tea cups. How can we do that? how to cut the tea cups and fix them in the chandeliar? I would love to do someone like that to put in my kitchen.
thank you very much.
João

Lisa said...

I love that the vintage pillow case kinda matches.

Rubio said...

Thank you for the efforts you made in writing this article. Keep Blogging!!

Titan said...

I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. Its Amazingg bloggg.

Anthe said...

Thank you for the helpful tips! I would never have gotten this on my own! Great job!

Rony said...

After reading this article I was amazed. You explain it well. Keep on blogging

Macy said...

These are actually impressive ideas in concerning blogging. Its great

Carlson said...

I high appreciate this post. You’ve nailed it! update this blog with more information.

Related Posts with Thumbnails