Saturday, July 2, 2011

the kitchen table and chairs.....

are (just about) finished....
they started out looking like this
as i blogged about here.
i just need to wax the pedestal.  i was too tired today and i wanted to show you how it turned out.
we both love it.  no one else has seen it yet so we haven't gotten any unbiased opinions.
i painted the apron of the table and the two stripes on the pedestal for some visual interest and to tie in the chairs with the table.
you can see that the top of the table has been waxed but not the apron or base.
the table has the leaf in it right now but we usually just use it when we have company.
it has already lightened up the space and we love it. ( it looks less blue than in this picture.  the other pictures are more true to color.) i am still trying to decide if i want to paint the ball in the ball and claw foot in the blue as well.
we still have to paint the cabinets and replace that crappy piece of crap flooring....i'll give you the 411 on that flooring disaster soon. 
i used the annie sloan chalk paint in old white for the table and i used a mixture of old white, louis blue and duck egg for the chairs. 
i also used minwax paste wax in clear for the table top.  it worked beautifully.

i am working on this piece next..
i got a gallon of the prettiest pale pink paint for free so i thought i would try it out on this little desk.  
i found three of these chairs the other day at goodwill for $5.00 apiece. 
i think the seat cover alone is worth $10.00, don't you think?
snort!!!
i got three of them.....and painted one of them with the old white chalk paint.
i found some cute pink and white pinstripe fabric for the chair seat.  i can't wait to see how they both 
look together.  i'll share that in an upcoming post.  
i hope everyone is having a great fourth of july weekend....
we are!


27 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh, I absolutely LOOOVE it!!! I can't believe what a difference it made in your kitchen/dining area! I totally have table envy now. Thanks. Thanks a lot.

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Love the way the chairs look. And the table is going to be just as pretty, I'm sure. Can't wait to see your whole kitchen.

Pine Tree Home said...

A little paint goes a LONG way. Love the outcome.

Galexi Cupcakes said...

Can't wait to see the reveal of the desk!!! Have a Happy Fourth!!
J

Megan said...

I love love love the chairs in blue! I think it really brightens up the space!!

Kari said...

this looks so good! i'm loving your choice of blue - so calming and crisp. i also reeeealllly love the desk that you're currently transforming - so stately :)
karicorsi.blogspot.com

{northern cottage} said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgesou - I love love love the table and the blue chairs - ahhhh so lovely!

www.northerncottage.blogspot.com

lala said...

I absolutely love how your table looks!!! I have the same table (in oak) and have been dying to paint it white but have not done so because I am worried about how well the finish will hold up. Does the paint chip and scratch? Is the wax a strong enough of a protective finish? I am such a baby when it comes to painting furniture - need to be more fearless!!

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

I am in LOVE w/ the table and chairs....fantasic job. Best I've seen in a while....love it!

Cynthia said...

The chairs are just lovely!!! They look amazing with your white table!

Shaunna said...

Looks fabulous! LOVE the finish on your table!
:-)
shaunna

Lisa's Creative Designs said...

It looks beautiful. I love the blue and it makes a nice contrast from the dark cabinetry. The stripe on the pedestal is a nice surprise. :)

Heaven's Walk said...

Wow, Cindy! First of all - lucky you for winning some of that magical AS paint!!! Wooo hooo!! Second - what a beautiful transformation, girl! Just love the change it made in your pretty kitchen! Great job!

xoxo laurie

Scribbler said...

Excellent job! Go for it and paint the ball blue -- your set looks great.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Just beautiful! I'd love to do mine, is your table top wood? My table is all wood except for the top of it which I think is some type of formica maybe, I'm just wondering if yours was too and how you did it. Love the chairs too so pretty!

Rondell

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

I love the blue! It looks great and really brightens it up. Wonderful job!

Debra @ Common Ground said...

You did a fabulous job, love that blue and white choice. really pretty, Thanks for linking up with VIF! xo Debra

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

I love how the table and chairs look!! REally beautiful color that you mixed up for the blue. I see you started your cabinets, and they look like old white. I painted my entire kitchen with old white, then decided I would do a paris grey wash on the lower cabs. I am now going to repaint them so it is all old white. come by and search the blog to see my kitchen cab paint experience if you are interested!

Fishtail Cottage said...

What a cheerful transformation! love the blue you used.....xoox, tracie

❀ JoAnne said...

Your table and chairs look so pretty - love the colors! You did a really great job!!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

It's just gorgeous!
Thanks for linking!
XO
Kristin

Winda Tiodang said...

i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member (blog follower)

and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
(u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

Winda Tiodang said...

i am a new fashion blogger from indonesia living in singapore :) i really like your blog. i will really appreciate & it will be an honor to have u as my blog member (blog follower)

and of course i will folback!:D also, u can mention me anytime on twitter @tiodang if you want me to check out your latest post & leave a comment ^^ ,please list me on twitter, so i will know u're my follower!! ;)

i've just recommend your post to google!u can check it! that's what u got if you keep in touch with my blog too!! hope u will do the same ^^
(u can add me on facebook and contact me at : cheeringwinda@yahoo.com)

Anonymous said...

I love that table. The feet/legs look so expensive.

Lisa said...

I love the bear on the chair cushion.

Katie said...

Hi there! Just love the look of your table and chairs. I came across your blog on Pinterest as I was searching for kitchen table inspiration. I pulled a similar table out ofsomeone's TRASH this past winter. I'll be blogging about it later today and featuring your table as inspiration. Check it out this evening: SomethingToBeFound.com

Katie

Semen Rendi said...

Find the latest used and new boats for sale.
Great used boat deals and prices.
More here used boats for sale in md

Related Posts with Thumbnails