Thursday, October 7, 2010

the finishing touch....

i glazed the buffet but i'm not sure about it.....  (click to enlarge)
here it is in it's space before i glazed it.  little stinkers ran in front of the camera just as i was taking the picture.....and i couldn't wait to put my halloween decorations on it...
here is a close up of the door.
and here is the glazed version
which looks okay on the doors.
but
when i looked at the entire piece
i kinda freaked out and felt that it just looked dirty.
the leg on the left has not been glazed yet
i do like how it brings out the detail in the grooves but the drawers bug me.
soooooo, what i think i'm going to do is water down some of the original color and lightly wash some of  the color back in....
what do you think?? should i leave well enough alone or lighten it up a bit?

it looks so different than when i first brought her home, remember?
from this..
to this...
to this

7 comments:

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

That buffet is gorgeous! I love the glazing, but I know what you mean how it can make things look a little dirty. I think it looks amazing, but if you want to make it lighter, I say go for it!

Musings Of A Gem said...

Hi Cindy!

It really looks gorgeous but I see what you mean about the 'dirty' look. I say go for it too : )

Gemma x

Georgianna said...

I agree, a little lightening would be good. It looks really great with the glazing but if you aren't sure, it will bug you every time you see it! Great job. xo – g

Missy @ Chateau Chic Boutique said...

I LOVE this buffet! Aqua is one of my absolute favorite colors. I understand what you're saying about the dirty look but I wonder if you did a sepia toned glaze you may like it better?? And what a super deal you got! My girlfriend just got an awesome deal on a very similar buffet, same legs but I think a little less ornateness on the doors. But get this....it was only $8.00!! So, yes, I'm a little jealous of both of your steals, oops, I mean deals!
Have a super blessed weekend,
Missy

Red Lipstick said...

I love this piece, one of favorite colors! I have a desk to do and you've given me a great idea. I've never worked with glaze...;) but excited to try.

found your blog via dear miss mustard seed ;)

16 Sassy Street said...

Don't touch it!! The glaze makes it PERFECT :D

My 2-cents worth!
Lisa

Unknown said...

i would also love to feature your beautiful buffet in a special feature im doing on buffets let me know if thats ok,
lauren

Related Posts with Thumbnails